The R. P. D. College of Arts was bifurcated and became a separate college of Arts in 1966. Today, there are more than 2000 students studying in the P. U. and Degree, Arts and Commerce streams as well as in the BBA course. The College has been reaccredited with ‘A’ status by NAAC in the year 2016.
In 1952, with a munificent donation from Seth Govidram Seksaria from Bombay, the G. S. Science Institute was started within the R.P.D. College. This institute was renamed the G. S. Science College with its bifurcation from the mother college in 1966. The college conducted government recognized job oriented courses till 2009, when the government itself discontinued them. Today, the college has a strength of over 2000 students in its P.U., Degree, M. Sc and B.C.A. streams. It was re-accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC in 2015.